I’ve been looking forward to get myself a SLR for over a year now, and I finally got one today! It’s a Canon EOS 450D, the one I wanted to buy since it was released last year. It came with the EF-S 18-55mm IS lens, which is good enough to start with. I also bought an original Canon bag and a Canon vest which has “EOS Professional”. Pretty cool!
Here are the basic features of the camera:
- 12.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- Canon EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- 3.5 frames per second
- 3.0″ TFT LCD
- Live View shooting
- 9-point wide-area AF system with f/2.8 cross-type center point
- DIGIC III image processor
- Fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites
To note, this camera is known as “Digital Rebel XSi” in US market, and “Kiss X2 Digital” in Japan.
Here’s what it looks like:
I can now take much better photos, and more importantly try more genres of photography, which wasn’t possible with my credit card sized Canon IXUS 70. So yay for me!