After few months of delay, Creative Commons has finally released the Version 3.0 licenses. The key differences from Version 2.5 are:
- Generic and the US licenses are now separated
- International harmonisation of moral rights and collecting society
- No more endorsement language
- BY-SA compatibility structure is included
- Clarifications negotiated with Debian and MIT
Congrats to everyone at Creative Commons who made this possible, especially project coordinator Mia Garlick (sad that she’s leaving CC and joining Google). Details of the changes are described here. The official press release isn’t out yet, but should be soon.
And yeah, don’t forget to Digg this news!