Posted on December 28, 2016 (Wednesday) under Random Stuffs
The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!
Most lipstick contains fish scales!
Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing!
The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum!
No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!
A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!
Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!
There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building!
If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!
Posted on July 3, 2016 (Sunday) under Random Stuffs
Posted on August 3, 2014 (Sunday) under Random Stuffs
Colors and their applications for Internet marketing and web development:
- Blue: Commands respect and authority. Blue is America’s favourite color. Men tend to see products packaged in blue.
- Yellow: Caution, novelty, temporary, warmth, friendliness. Eye registers this colour the fastest.
- Green: Secure, natural, relaxed or easygoing, living things. This is associated with nature things such as vegetables and vegetation. Using green colours (or nature pictures with green colours) improve your working productivity (I use a picture of a beautiful waterfall with nice flowers and vegetation around it).
- Red: Human, exciting, hot, passionate, strong, intense, dangerous. This colour has its power based on the fact that blood, a sign of danger or death, has this colour. We are hardwired to understand this regarding this colour. Anything with red colours makes it look exciting most of the times.
- Orange: Powerful, affordable, informal. This catches attention easily and that is why it is used mostly on “buy now”-buttons (think PayPal, Amazon and eBay).
- Brown: Informal and relaxed, masculine, nature. Men tend to like products packaged in brown.
- White: Goodness, purity, chastity, cleanliness, delicacy, refinement, formality. Can be preceived as clean, scientific (think stereotypical scientist in their white rocks) and authoritative (think doctors in white rocks).
- Black: Sophistication, power, authority, mystery. High-tech electronics use this to appear more interesting and black is common clothing so the person wearing it looks more powerful and authoritative.
- Pink: Feminine, childish, playful, cute, sexual. This colour is mostly culturally-based and due to socialization defining this colour for women, it is perceived as such. This colour is used heavily, and succesfully so, on female products and services.
- Purple: Magical, mystical, spiritual. This colour gets its perceptions from culture where you see most magic effects in purple (think of old Disney movies where witches use their wands) and since spirituality is beyond the natural world that too has an association to the purple colour.
- Silver, Gold, Platinum: Regal, wealthy, stately. Suggests premium price and luxury.
- Grey: Neutral, boring, death. This colour by itself can look very boring or dull, but combining it with others or using it as background can give a nice soft touch to the page instead of a typical contrasting white colour that usually “yells” more than it soothes the user seeing it.
Posted on May 20, 2012 (Sunday) under Random Stuffs
Major milestone, my Facebook fan page has crossed 5K likes! Pure awesomeness.
Posted on November 11, 2011 (Friday) under Random Stuffs
Hooray, my Facebook page now has 1,000 likes! Thanks to each and everyone of you for the support! If you haven’t hit the “like” button yet, you can do so now!