Posted on October 25, 2013 by Russell
Here comes the second instalment of 25 hand-picked quotes that I’ve collected over the course of a year. I Hope you enjoy reading them!
“It’s better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you’re stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” – Rami Belson
“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo Coelho
“The rarest thing in the world is a woman who is pleased with photograph of herself.” – Elizabeth Metcalf
“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they’re called memories. Some take us forward, they’re called dreams.” – Jeremy Irons
“If you believe everything you read, you’d better not read.” – Japanese proverb
“The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.” – Alfred Adler
Posted on August 15, 2011 by Russell
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs:
- Respect for self
- Respect for others
- Responsibility for all your action
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Posted on January 18, 2011 by Russell
“Men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them.” – Jay McInerney
“To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you’re impotent. She can’t wait to disprove it.” – Cary Grant
“A woman occasionally is quite a serviceable substitute for masturbation.” – Karl Kraus
“Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” – Maori proverb
“When I was born I was so surprised I didn’t talk for a year and a half.” – Gracie Allen
“If you’re going to be sexy in a photo, you’d better be thinking about sex rather than about being sexy.” – Peta Wilson
“A spaniel, a woman, and a walnut tree, the more they’re beaten the better they be.” – John Ray
“A kiss is an inquiry on the second floor as to what’s going on on the first floor.” – Theresa Russell
Posted on January 24, 2010 by Russell
1 Get and stay out of your comfort zone. I believe that not much happens of any significance when we’re in our comfort zone. I hear people say, “But I’m concerned about security.” My response to that is simple: “Security is for cadavers.”
2 Never give up. Almost nothing works the first time it’s attempted. Just because what you’re doing does not seem to be working, doesn’t mean it won’t work. It just means that it might not work the way you’re doing it. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and you wouldn’t have an opportunity.
3 When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think. There’s an old Chinese saying that I just love, and I believe it is so true. It goes like this: “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”
Posted on January 4, 2010 by Russell
Here’s the first instalment of 25 hand-picked quotes that I’ve collected over the course of a year. I Hope you enjoy reading them!
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conquerer. Kill everyone, and you are a god.” – Jean Rostand
“Never feel remorse for what you have thought about your wife. She has thought much worse things about you.” – Jean Rostand
“I would rather die standing up, then live life on my knees.” – Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara
“I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” – Walt Whitman
“Resist much. Obey little.” – Walt Whitman
“A genius is one who can do anything except make a living.” – Joey Lauren Adams